Welcome to the Official World Vision Malaysia Blog!
This website is the official blog of the World Vision Malaysia office. It’s a place where we can talk about issues facing the underprivileged and our efforts to raise awareness and help them. It’s also a place where you get a behind-the-scenes look at our organisation.
World Vision is an international relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Learn more about us at our corporate website.
World Vision Malaysia Corporate Blogging Policy
World Vision Malaysia launched a corporate blog in February 2008 to actively engage our constituents in the blogosphere. Below are the current and official World Vision Malaysia Corporate Blogging Policy for our bloggers and readers.
1. The Official World Vision Blog will be written by a range of World Vision Malaysia employees and partners. This is a place for us to be ourselves, to share who we are and what we think about issues important to our sponsors, partners and the public in general.
2. Think straight, talk straight. We will think before we post and strive to have good judgment in all blog interactions. We will not hesitate to take on tough, escalating issues, but we will do so in a measured, thoughtful fashion. Sometimes that takes a little more time.
3. There are some topics we just can’t discuss on The Official World Vision Blog—just as we don’t in other communication channels. Posting on specific political issues, legal matters, sensitive financial matters and topics unrelated to our activities or causes, for example, will not occur.
4. Our Vision and Core Values will guide what we say. As per our Code of Conduct, we are committed to acting in a professional and ethical manner in all situations—whether it is with our partners, our neighbors or sponsors. All of the postings on The Official World Vision Blog will follow these same guidelines.
Privacy and Comment policy
1. World Vision Malaysia values and welcomes your opinions. You can make them heard by leaving comments on the posts in the blog. Of course, we may not always agree with the comments, but we will listen closely to see what we can learn and improve.
2. We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view. We only delete those comments that are abusive, off-topic, use foul language, or include ad hominem attacks. We pre-moderate comments on our blog posts. We endeavour to do our best to post your comments and respond, where appropriate, within 24 hours.
3. We are committed to your privacy. Your privacy will be respected. Any personal information collected on The Official World Vision Blog will only be used in the manner or to carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorised.